Q1. What is a Patent?
A1. A Patent is a document giving ownership to an Invention preventing others mass producing without a Licence Agreement for which fees & royalties agreed in advance are paid.
Patents are obtained by filing a Patent Spec (Title, Pre-amble, Description, Claims, Abstract) & Drawings that comply with complex protocols of the UK IPO – Intellectual Property Office and IPOs of other desirable countries.
Q2. I have a new invention idea, should I take out a Patent immediately?
A2. No! Not without an IoI Evaluation for Novel, Functional, Competitive & Commercial Viability.
Having your invention idea evaluated before you’ve taken out a patent avoids wasted expense & effort.
The Institute of Inventors evaluate inventions. If the invention has merit, we will suggest the best strategy to make money from your invention, which doesn’t always involve taking out a patent!
The IoI is the only body providing a Reliable Invention Evaluation Service – based on above.
The Patent Grant Success Rate for IoI prepared patents is 90%. For all others it is under 8%.
Patent Sales: The most formidable part of Inventing is selling or licencing a patent.
Beware Rogue Patent Attorneys using the “Confidentiality Rip-off Ploy” to bilk unsuspecting inventors.
Q3. How do rogue patent attorneys use the “Confidentiality Rip-off Ploy” to bilk inventors?
A3. By advising inventor – “don’t tell anyone about invention, until we’ve filed a patent”.
This misleads inventor to believe that (a worthless) invention is worth a fortune!
Inventors then agree to pay the rogues £5,500 without an invention evaluation.
Q4. Are inventors disadvantaged using patent attorneys?
A4. Yes! Using patent attorneys, inventors are shockingly disadvantaged on 10 counts:-
- Inventor is barred from talking to IPO examiners. (Not so with IoI).
- Patent mail is sent to Attorneys’ address. (With IoI, all mail goes to client).
- Attorneys charge extortionate fees £150+ to repost to client. (Not so with IoI).
- Attorneys never evaluate inventions for functional viability. (IoI always do).
- Attorneys never evaluate inventions for commercial viability. (IoI always do).
- Attorneys do not evaluate inventions for patentability. (IoI always do).
- Attorneys never ingenuitate inventions. (IoI do).
- Attorneys seldom have know-how of inventions they file. (IoI always do).
- Patent Attorneys have no right of audience in UK County & High Courts. (IoI do)
- Inventors cannot sue Attorneys using the “confidentiality rip-off ploy” on them.
Q5. What is the “confidentiality rip-off ploy”?
Q6. Attorney advise inventors, “keep this secret until I’ve filed your patent”;
misleading inventors worthless ideas are worth fortunes. The inventor pays £5,500 for a patent
that a “novelty, functional & commercial viability evaluation” would prove worthless.
Invention Confidentiality Myths & Ploys
Q7. Has there ever been an invention confidentiality breach in history?
A7. No, never since “Letters Patent” granted by Queen Elizabeth 1st!
Institute of Inventors
A non-profit Inventor Institute established 1964
President – Michael V. Rodrigues – B.Sc. Eng. (Mech & Elect)
19-21-23 Fosse Way, Ealing, London W13 0BZ
Tel: #44 (0)20 8998 6372, #44 (0)20 8998 4372 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone any day, anytime, weekends & evenings up to 8 p.m.
www.instituteofinventors.com www.collateralism.com www.gigadron.com